Friday, July 29, 2011

Welcome

I first want to start off by saying thank you for taking a few minutes to check out my new blog.   Some people Journal, some talk to their friends, others just hold their thoughts in to themselves.  I have always been the type just to keep things to myself and bottle it up.  I have reached the point though that I have to stop doing that because the bottle is more than full.  I don’t like writing in journals (even though this is kind of like that) and I don’t like talking to people, especially since I don’t really have anyone to talk to other than myself and my dog Lucky, but we’ll get to that part at a later date.   
As I laid in bed last night thinking of a catchy title for this I started thinking about song titles and movie quotes and I kept coming back to a little band from Liverpool called The Beatles.   For a little background for those of you who may not know me or my family that well, you need to understand that my Dad is a huge Beatles fan and that has been passed down to us kids.  When he and my mom surprised me with an iPod while I was deployed to Iraq it came preloaded with all of the Beatles songs and they’ve become one of my favorites as well.  Don’t be surprised if you see quite a few references to their music throughout, I am my father’s son after all.   Anyway, as I was thinking about their music one song kept coming back to me.  It’s a simple little tune called, “All You Need is Love”.   It’s a great song and it speaks to what you could call my theme for this big experiment.   But I couldn’t just leave it at that, how original could that be.   In fairy tales and “chick flicks” (which I’m a fan of) they have things called “love and first sight” or “happily ever after”.   Rarely does real life ever include those concepts, more often though life is filled with ups and downs, happiness and hardship, passion and pain.   I don’t know of a single person who wants any of the second options that I just listed.  We all want the good stuff, but with the good comes the bad.  The key is to remember that even when you hurt, there is was a goodness that came before it and it will be back again.  Love and Heartache go hand in hand.  You just can’t let the heartache keep you away from the love.   So, as I was getting sleepy and my thoughts started to drift I came up with, “All you need is Love, Hold the Heartache.”
Here’s the general idea I have in mind for all of this.  I am going to share with you my readers, or maybe just my keyboard, the stories of my life that have brought me to where I am today as well as analogies, insights, and strokes of genius that hit me as I move forward in search of my happily ever after.  Now, in the pursuit of openness and honesty, the stories put forth in this little piece of the internet will be true, from my point of view as that’s the only view I have of the story.  But like on “Dragnet”, while the stories are true, the names and some of the places have been changed to protect the innocent.   Some may ask, why are you changing their names?  That’s easy, none of the people in the stories know that I am writing about them.  With the names being different they may not even know it’s them I’m talking about which is how I want it.  These are my recollections of my thoughts and feelings of the past and I don’t hold anyone else responsible for them but myself, so if I don’t name them by name, they won’t have to feel bad or good for that matter about what I am talking about.  If you do know who I am talking about (some will be obvious) don’t go blurting out who it is or who you think it is out of respect for those people.   I don’t know if anyone will read any of this but if you do and it helps you out or makes you laugh then I guess it’s doing good for someone other than myself, and if you have any thoughts or suggestions feel free to share. 


So where do I start?  A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....no.                                   
These are the voyages of the starship....no.  
Hi. I'm Chuck Bartowski. And here are a few things you should know....no
A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist….no

Wait, I know....
There was a boy
A very strange enchanted boy
They say he wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea
And then one day
A magic day he passed my way
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
“The greatest thing
You’ll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return”*

*Lyrics from the song "Nature Boy" by Kerli.  First heard in it in the preview for Smallville Season 10.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good : ) Look forward to hearing more .

    ReplyDelete